1. New coffee hosts are always needed! Coffee hour is the responsibility and the joy of the entire parish. Anyone who has ever grabbed a cookie after church knows how much it is appreciated. This lovely tradition occurs because of people who take the initiative to sign up. You are invited to be one of those people!
2. Hosting coffee hour is a lot of work MYTH! Anything you do is truly appreciated. You bring what you choose, keep the coffee flowing, and that's it. When the munchies are gone, that means you did a great job.
3. Hosting coffee hour doesn’t have to be expensive. Hosting coffee hour can be whatever you want it to be. All paper products, coffee and tea are provided. Some folks enjoy making it a bigger affair and other pick up some goodies at Costco and keep it simple. It gets eaten and enjoyed thoroughly either way! We often have extra individually wrapped snacks in the kitchen cabinets, so you might not have to get anything at all. You can check Sunday for the next week, during the week, or ask the office to check for you.
4. If you don’t have anyone to help you host or feel you cannot host because you are unable to set up tables and chairs due to lifting restrictions, we have an update! The Thursday night AA group has been leaving their tables and chairs set up, and the Sunday night AA group has been putting them away, which still leaves time for Scott to clean the Undercroft. So for now, setting up and breaking down tables and chairs is no longer a requirement of Coffee Host!
5. The instructions are listed in the kitchen and easy to follow. Any of the current coffee hour hosts will be happy to give you a tutorial on the coffee machine or any other kitchen questions. In addition, there are lots of people at coffee hour each week who have done it before. They are always glad to lend a hand or even cohost if you would like.
We hope you will consider making coffee hour part of your contribution. It is fun and always greatly appreciated! Please email the office if you would like to volunteer!
St. Mark's Information At Your Fingertips
Current parishioners, do you want to access St. Mark's information, including member contacts, events, donations, and more? Visit our St. Mark's Breeze page.
Make your annual pledge here!
Foxboro Food Pantry
What to bring this week...
MAYONNAISE or INSTANT OATMEAL
Help support our local food pantry by bringing even just one nonperishable item each week.
One Family Laundry Detergent
We have a ongoing need for small bottles of laundry detergent, to help with our contributions to the One Family program that
provides families with children much needed household items each month.